A company for interstate boat transport Sydney to Perth
There are many Sydney to Perth boat transporters you can choose from in Australia to do a relocation, removal or delivery from one state to another. While you might consider a freight company in Australia, contracting an interstate boat transportation company means you are choosing someone that has equipment specifically designed for carrying this type of load & experience moving marine vessels across the long distances between Sydney to Perth.
Sydney to Perth boat transport costs are much lower when you work with a company that only focusses on transporting marine vessels as we don’t have overheads associated with depots, cranes or trying to fill loads with other cargo.
We make transporting boats interstate from Sydney to Perth (or locally) very cost effective & affordable. It is easy & stress free to find out about the rates for our services just contact us for a free online quote for either private or commercial vessels.
Interstate boat transport from Sydney to Perth
Why waste time, money and go to the stress of trying to drive your boat by sea to Perth when you can use a boat transporting service to move it by road? You can relocate it from Sydney using our company.
It’s cheaper, you save on engine hours & never have to wait for the right tide or great weather, we keep boat transports costs as low as possible. Using a large boat mover is cost effective compared to other options. A quick phone call or email will help you work out how much does it cost to transport a boat interstate to Brisbane.
If you’re the proud owner of a large boat, you know that it’s not always easy to transport it from one location to another. Whether you’re moving it to a new marina, transporting it for maintenance or repairs, or taking it to a new location for a special event, there are many challenges to moving a large boat. That’s where our large boat relocation service comes in. We specialise in transporting large boats throughout Australia, and we have the experience, equipment, and expertise to get your vessel where it needs to go safely and efficiently.
At our core, we are a team of experienced marine transport professionals who have been moving large boats throughout Australia for years. We understand that every boat is unique, and we take the time to understand the specific needs of your vessel before we begin the relocation process.
From the type of boat and the size of the vessel to the route, Big Boat Transport takes the time frame you need, we’ll work with you every step of the way to ensure a seamless and stress-free relocation. There are several reasons why people may choose to transport their boat from Sydney to Perth:
Relocation: People who are moving from Sydney to Perth may want to bring their boat with them, rather than buying a new one once they get there.
Better boating conditions: Some people may prefer the boating conditions in Brisbane, such as warmer waters, the wide choice of waterways that lead down to the Gold Coast or just the warmer weather.
Fishing opportunities: Perth is known for its excellent fishing opportunities, and some people may want to bring their boat there to take advantage of this.
Events: There are many boating events and regattas held in Perth throughout the year, and some boat owners may want to participate in these which could include fishing tournaments.
Repairs or maintenance: Boat owners may need to transport their boat from Sydney to Brisbane for repairs or maintenance work that can’t be done locally or you want to use a specialist located in Western Australia.
Buying or selling a boat; Its easy to buy or sell a boat interstate and then get it transported to a capital city after the sale is complete.
"Deal directly with the owner, no middle man, no fuss, just quick answers to get your boat transported to Perth.
“Peter moved a boat for my husband when we moved to Perth and gave us amazing service and advice. Boat relocation has never felt easier”
Happy boat owner reviews
“Pete is a legend. I had no idea how to get my boat transported into Perth, he made the whole boat delivery service process so easy & we got to use our boat in Runaway Bay“
“Talk about easy to deal with. Pete is straight forward, gives you a good deal and there is no mucking around transporting your boat. I never knew the cost of transporting a boat by road was so cheap“
A trusted interstate boat transportation company in Australia
Experienced & efficient
Big Boat Transport has an enviable reputation in the marine transportation industry with many returning clients that have enjoyed an efficient boat haulage service.
Boat transportation costs Sydney to Perth
To find out the cost to get your boat transported between Sydney and Perth is really easy. Just call, eMail or fill in our ‘Get A Quote‘ form so we can assess your requirements & you can find out how much to transport a boat interstate will be.
To calculate the costs and prices involved or to obtain an accurate estimate to get your boat relocated or transported we’ll need to know a few details including;
- Exact pick up and drop off locations
- Length, weight and height of the boat
- The timing or dates that you require it to be moved
The reason our boat transporter company needs this information to be accurate is because we have to determine a number of different factors before we can calculate your boat transport rates such as;
- What towing vehicle and trailer we need to use
- Is it possible to access the locations required
- The most suitable route that can accomodate the height and width of the load being carried
- Whether permits will be required or pilot vehicles
- The days or times we will be allowed to move your boat, especially if it is longer than 40 foot
Every state in Australia has strict regulations for the use of roads, freeways or motorways when transporting heavy, long or oversize loads. To be compliant we require the exact details which enables us to work out a safe journey for your vessel & calculate an accurate quote for you.
Boat delivery costs will vary due to the overall size, weight, distance, time & difficulty that your transportation requirements may present. This can also change depending on the seasons of the year, we can help you work out the most cost effective way to move your boat during the right time of day, year or seasonal period. It’s important to note that large boat relocating sometimes has to be done overnight due to road & heavy load towing regulations.
Big Boat Transport is an interstate marine transportation company that is able to move a boat by road between the capital cities of Sydney and Perth.
We are a boat hauling and moving company that is licensed and equipped to relocate oversize loads like a 50 foot long boat via the main arterial roads interstate between Sydney and Perth to be delivered to any number of leading marinas.
If you are an owner of a large boat, especially anything longer than 30 foot long, then you would most likely seek professional assistance if you need your boat moved interstate. We can give you an instant quote over the phone or via email.
Interstate boat transportation to Perth
Drive the boat over water
Your first option as an example might be from White Bay Marina in Sydney to Perth which is around 2,000 nautical miles which will take around 10 days.
If you are experienced at driving a boat on the ocean then this may be feasible to do yourself if you have the time and skill.
Although don’t forget you have to factor in tides, weather delays and potentially other people to help you. You could hire a skipper with crew but together with the cost of engine hours, wear and tear etc, this can be an expensive exercise not to mention the risk if the boat were to hit something or get caught in a storm on the ocean.
Transport a boat by road
- Cost effective
In comparison, transporting a large boat by road from inner Sydney to Perth is around 3.300kms going across Australia on the back of a trailer, so no engine hours.
This type of road transportation could take around 3-5 days depending on the time required to load and unload the boat from the trailer.
If it is oversize it make take longer if we can only transport at night time outside of peak travelling hours to comply with regulations.
When you move a boat by road you don’t have to worry about engine hours, wear and tear, bad weather or hiring a crew – these costs are not required which makes road transportation more cost effective in the long run.
Things to check before transporting your boat to Perth
Our large boat relocation service begins with a consultation, where we’ll work with you to understand your needs and the specific requirements of your boat. We’ll ask you questions about the type of boat you have, the size of the vessel, the distance you need to travel, and any special considerations or challenges that we need to be aware of. We’ll also discuss your preferred timeline and any other logistics that are important to you, so we can create a customised relocation plan that meets your needs.
Once we’ve developed a plan, our team will get to work on preparing your boat for transport. This typically involves inspecting the vessel to ensure it’s in good condition, securing any loose items or equipment, and making sure the boat is properly positioned for transport. Depending on the size of your vessel, we may need to use special equipment or techniques to ensure it’s safe and secure during transport. We have a range of transport equipment including trailers, cranes, and hydraulic systems to help us move even the largest boats.
During transport, our team will keep a close eye on your boat to ensure it’s safe and secure. We use GPS tracking and other monitoring tools to keep tabs on your vessel at all times, and our experienced drivers know how to navigate even the most challenging routes safely and efficiently. We’ll also keep you updated throughout the relocation process, so you know exactly where your boat is and when it will arrive at its destination.
When your boat arrives at its destination, our team will work quickly to get it onto the marina’s lifting crane so that it can be either put into storage or dropped back into the water ready for use. We understand that time is of the essence when it comes to boat transport, and we’ll do everything we can to ensure a fast and efficient delivery. We’ll also take care of any necessary paperwork or permits to ensure your boat is in compliance with local regulations, so you can focus on enjoying your vessel once it’s back in the water.
At the end of the day, our goal is to make your large boat relocation as stress-free and easy as possible. We understand that moving a large boat can be a daunting task, but with our experienced team on your side, you can rest assured that your vessel is in good hands. Whether you’re relocating your boat for personal or business reasons, we’re here to help make the process smooth and hassle-free.
1. Does the marina have the required machinery
We can pick up or deliver boats by road to any of the popular marinas located around the Perth metropolitan area as long as they have the appropriate lifting equipment. You need to check with the marina management staff if they have a boat lift, travel lift, boat hoist, boat gantry crane or boat crane. They need to have the right specialist machinery to lift it on or off our heavy duty haulage trailer with experience dealing with boat haulage in Western Australia.
2. What boat length & weight can the marina handle
Some marinas in Perth might confirm they can lift a boat, but you then have to check what height, width and weight limitations they may have because your vessel may simply be too big for them to handle. It will mean choosing another location to get your boat transported from but it is important you check this critical point.
3. Can the marina pull the boat out of the water
This may seem like an obvious thing to check, but you will be surprised at the number of people that forget to check this. Some marinas do not have a travel lift, slipway or cradles that can take boats from the water onto dry land. They may have mooring facilities or storage areas available but it could be for boats that are taken there by road.
They need to have the right machinery to pull your boat out of the water but to also be able to lift it on or off our heavy-duty road haulage trailer so that it is ready to be taken interstate.
4. Your boat’s length, width and height
This is one of the most important aspects that we need to know as it effects the cost of transporting your boat between Sydney and Brisbane, but more importantly effects when & how it is transported. Certain boat lengths and load weights can only be moved during certain times of day & in some cases may also need pilot vehicles front and/or rear to help create a safe passage for the truck and trailer.
So apart from working out if pilot vehicles are required to travel the distance from Sydney to Perth, we also have to work out what permits are required in each state and any other state regulations we must follow. From that point we need to calculate a route that is suitable to navigate between these two major cities in Australia.
Transporting a boat interstate between Sydney and Perth can be a complex process, but with the right planning and preparation, it can be done smoothly and efficiently.
- The first step in transporting a boat interstate is to determine the size and type of boat you have. This will determine the type of transport that is required, as well as the cost of the transport. For example, a small trailerable boat can be transported on a standard boat trailer, while a larger boat may require a specialised transport trailer or even a low-loader.
- Once you have determined the type of transport that is required, you will need to find a reputable boat transport company. This can be done by searching online or by asking for recommendations from other boat owners. It is important to do your research and choose a company that has a good reputation and is experienced in transporting boats.
- Before the boat is transported, it is important to properly prepare it for the journey. This includes making sure that all loose items are removed from the boat and secured, and that the boat is properly cleaned and drained. It is also important to ensure that all necessary paperwork, such as registration and insurance documents, are in order.
- Once the boat is loaded onto the transport trailer, it will be secured for transport. This typically involves using straps or ropes to hold the boat in place, as well as using special padding to protect the boat from damage. The transport company should provide you with an estimated time of arrival for your boat, and will also keep you updated on its progress throughout the journey.
- When the boat arrives at its destination, it will be unloaded from the transport trailer and inspected for any damage. If there are any issues, it is important to address them with the transport company immediately. Once the boat is deemed to be in good condition, it can be launched and used as normal.
- It’s important to keep in mind that transporting a boat between capital cities can be a significant expense, but it is often necessary if you plan to relocate, or if you have purchased a boat in another state. It’s also important to consider the weather conditions, If you are transporting a boat during extreme weather conditions, it’s important to consider the potential damage that could occur during transport.
Transporting a boat interstate to Perth requires careful planning and preparation. It is important to determine the type of transport that is required, find a reputable transport company, properly prepare the boat for transport, and keep an eye on its progress throughout the journey. With the right planning and execution, your boat can be transported safely and efficiently to its new location.
Frequently asked questions
We’ve answered the most common questions about big boat relocations that we get asked via eMail, over the phone or via our instant quote requests.
We can transport boats to Perth that are are;
- Up to 60 foot long
- Up to 30 tonnes in weight
although we specialise in transporting boats that are between 30 and 60 foot long. Unfortunately we do not transport small fishing boats, jet skis or tinnies. Our company is a large boat relocation specialist that can move boats longer than 30 foot
Our boat trailer cannot be put into water and the semi trailer is too large for most boat ramp locations. Therefore we are unable to pull your boat out of the water, you’d have to take it to a local marina to get it lifted out of the water.
Alternatively contact a company like Slip Away who have a special float on, float off transport service.
Any online search will give you a range of pricing to transport boats by road from Sydney to Brisbane with a price range between $900 and $30,000 inc gst and this sounds ridiculous right? How can there be such a wide range of prices to transport boats?
The answer is really, really simple.
The cost will vary based on;
the overall size, length and weight of your boat
the total distance that it needs to travel (or roads that have to be bypassed if oversized)
expected loading and unloading time
type of pick up and delivery locations
Moving a 24 foot cruiser will be much simpler than a 50 foot motor yacht even if the distance to travel is the same. So obviously any boat transportation contractor will have to figure out fuel costs, travel time, loading/unloading time, route planning time & admin to sort out permits, pilot cars etc.
We factor all of this into our quotations and give you a written, fixed price so you can work out your total transportation costs once you also get quote for marina lifting fees.
There really isn’t an ideal time, but just consider that the roads are busiest between major cities during public holidays, long weekend or during school holidays as families are out exploring the country. Therefore sometimes it is better to organise timing outside of peak periods.
During Christmas periods there are oversize load blackout dates and times due to the road congestion around this period.
We are able to do boat transportation to Perth 7 days a week, but the timing will depend on other bookings, time of year & the size of your boat.
Boat enthusiasts and owners often find themselves needing to transport their vessels across long distances, such as from Sydney to Perth. Maybe it is to use it somewhere else, to buy one or sell one. However, understanding the factors that influence boat transport prices and making informed decisions is crucial to ensure a smooth and cost-effective process. We explain the key considerations that impact boat transport prices between Sydney and Brisbane.
Factors Influencing Boat Transport Prices:
- Distance: The distance between the origin (Sydney) and destination (Brisbane) is a significant determinant of the transport cost. Longer distances usually result in higher prices due to increased fuel, labor, and time requirements. If it is oversize then things like pilot vehicles or permits will be needed.
- Type and Size of Boat: The size, type, and weight of your boat play a pivotal role in pricing. Larger vessels require specialised equipment and handling, which can contribute to higher costs.
- Transport Method: You can choose between various transport methods, such as open trailer, enclosed trailer, or water transport. Each method has its own cost structure, with open trailers generally being more affordable than enclosed options.
- Urgency and Timing: If you require expedited delivery or specific scheduling, it may incur additional costs. Planning your transport during off-peak seasons could help reduce expenses.
- Route and Accessibility: The ease of access to loading and unloading points impacts pricing. Difficult-to-reach locations may require more effort and resources, leading to higher costs.
- Permits and Regulations: Depending on the dimensions of your boat, you might need permits for transportation through certain areas. Complying with regulations adds to the overall cost.
- Additional Services: Services such as boat lifts, cradling, shrink-wrapping, and insurance coverage can increase the overall price but provide added protection for your boat during transport.
- Market Demand: Transport prices can fluctuate based on market demand, especially during peak boating seasons.
- Customisation and Modifications: If your boat requires customisation for transport, such as removing parts or accessories, it can impact the overall cost.
- Transport Company: Different transport companies offer varying price points based on their expertise, reputation, and quality of service. It’s important to research and choose a reputable and reliable transporter.
Tips to get a quote from a boat transporter
- Plan Ahead: Booking transport services in advance allows you to explore different options and negotiate better rates.
- Compare Quotes: Obtain quotes from multiple transport companies and carefully compare the inclusions and exclusions of each offer.
- Choose the Right Method: Select a transport method that aligns with your budget and boat’s requirements. Open transport is often more affordable than enclosed methods or even driving it by water.
Transporting your boat from Sydney to Perth involves a variety of factors that influence pricing. By understanding these factors and taking proactive steps to plan and prepare, you can make informed decisions that ensure a smooth and cost-effective boat transport experience. Remember to research thoroughly, compare quotes, and choose a reputable transport company to entrust your valuable possession to their care.