It is very easy to get boat transport prices by contacting individual boat transportation companies and providing them with the details about your boat like the height, width, length and weight. They then need to know there the pick up & delivery location is so they can calculate a price for you to get it transported. If it is a large boat that is 30 foot or longer then you will need to use a specialise boat transportation company that has experience moving oversize loads on the roads around Australia.
It is so easy to get a boat transport quote, just give us a call, send us an email or fill in our online quote form so that we can calculate your boat transportation costs.
If you want to compare boat transportation quotes it is best to provide each company with the exact same information. For example you should provide;
- The make and model of your boat so the transport company knows what it is
- The length, width, weight and overall height of the boat. You might thing guessing is ok, but if you get this wrong there can be situations where it is illegal for the boat transport company to move the boat if it is too big for their trailer.
- What is the pick up location exact address. You can provide a suburb but the boat transporter won’t be able to work out exactly where they need to go or if they can get their truck to fit, they need to be able to plan a route to give you an accurate price.
- What is the delivery location exact address. You can provide a suburb but the boat transporter won’t be able to work out exactly where they need to go or if they can get their truck to fit, they need to be able to plan a route to give you an accurate price.
- How quickly do you need it transported? If it is during peak season then it will cost more compared to moving a boat in winter for example.
- What type of locations it is going from and to, so for example is it getting moved from a boat dealer to a marina.
The cost of transporting a boat by road is much cheaper then by sea because you only need one person to do it. The boat transport company will have one driver in most cases, although if you drive your boat by sea you might need a skipper with a crew. Plus you have to pay for engine hour usage, fuel and deal with the tides or weather.
How much does it cost to transport a boat interstate will depend on which states you are going from and to. you might be going from the ACT to NSW and the distance is maybe 10kms. Or you might need your boat relocated interstate between QLD and VIC which means thousands of km’s.
Therefore the cost will vary based on the distance + the time taken + the complexity of managing your boat at the pick up and drop off lcoations.